AUTHENTICITY as the client honors and lives by their own choices and values.
CAPABILITY as the client comes to more fully believe in their ability to handle and express their feelings and desires.
CLARITY that supports the client to see new possibilities and create goals that allows them to take new action in their life.
COMMUNICATION modeled by the coach that allows the client to feel fully listened to without judgment, in tune with the nuances of the client's voice, emotions, and energy.
CONFIDENTIALITY that creates a space for the client to feel a sense of courage and safety, freeing them to take greater risks for the things they most want in their life.
CURIOSITY that allows for the discovery of what the client values most, dreams about, aspires to, and is passionate about.
ENCOURAGEMENT that inspires the client's motivation to live an integrated whole life.
EMPOWERMENT that allows the client to draw on their natural strengths and inner resourcefulness as they step into action toward their desired results and sustainable change.
PROFOUND SUPPORT from the coach as the client breaks free of any self-limiting beliefs that keep the client stuck.
YOU as the expert in your own life, and the agenda you hold for the present and future desires of your life.
HOW COACHING WORKS
3. The coach then helps the client recognize and enhance personal strengths, values and beliefs in order to set goals inspired by authentic desire and choice.
HOW LONG IS THE PROCESS OF COACHING?
Anywhere from five months to five years, with the average coaching relationship lasting about 18 months. Coaching is a process and the benefits of coaching build over time.The ongoing support and encouragement of the coach helps the client refine and sustain change, making the experience of coaching as valuable as possible.
WHO NEEDS A COACH?
FINDING A COACH
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL COACHES ARE NOT ALL THE SAME
2) The coach has demonstrated both understanding and proficiency of coaching competencies, and maintains the same high standards of professionalism that committed coaches from all over the world align with.
3) The coach is accountable to a high level of ethics and standards as set forth by the ICF.
*Not only should a coach fit your particular needs but also align with a personality style that is uniquely a fit for you as the client. Sue and Shelby are happy to make referrals to their colleagues or other professionals at your request, if it is determined that there may be someone or something better suited for you as the client or your situation. The ICF website at CoachFederation.org offers a Coach Referral Service; this too will help individuals, corporations, and organizations find a coach that best meets their needs.
WHAT COACHING IS NOT
- COACHING IS NOT to be considered or construed as any type of consulting, counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment.
- COACHING IS NOT involved in the diagnosis or treatment of any medical or psychological issues, including cognitive or emotional disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
- COACHING IS NOT about viewing the Client to be incapable of handling or expressing emotion. The Client’s expression of emotion when allowed without analyzing is actually a valuable part of the coaching process.
- COACHING IS NOT a relationship whereby the Coach relates to the Client from the position of “authority”, “advisor”, OR “healer”.
- COACHING IS NOT a substitute for advice or guidance which pertains to the expertise of other qualified professionals including legal, medical, financial, business, and spiritual. It is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed.